Nikki graduated with honors from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Ecology with a minor in Business. Nikki completed my Masters in Business Administration from University of Maryland University College.
She is a Maryland State Certified Educator with over 10 years of public school education, homeschool education, and tutoring.As an educator at Forestville Military Academy, Nikki was a liaison for students, staff, parents and community members by organizing and sponsoring several extra-curricular activities. Her responsibilities included Teacher Representative for the Parent Teacher Association, Senior Class Sponsor, Family and Consumer Science Department Chair.
Nikki has provided consultation and mentorship services for several parents seeking to enrichment for the education of their children. Her past experience has allowed her to develop skills in curriculum planning, instruction, community outreach, mentoring, and educational program development.
Nikki was also an employee with the University of Maryland as 4-H Youth Development Agent. She focused on Cultural Competency, Urban Youth Development, and College Preparatory.
She is the Director of I.L.E.A.P (Innovative Leadership Educational Academic Program), an educational division that focuses on Academic, Entrepreneurship and Personal Development courses. These courses provide personal development and entrepreneurship for all ages.
Entrepreneurship/Fashion/Make-Up Artistry/Hair Design
Nikki’s passion for fashion is a childhood dream. During her youth, she mastered the art of fashion design and cosmetology. At the age of 14, she operated a braiding and hair care service in her mother’s basement salon. She frequently worked as a shampoo assistant for local beauticians and soaked up all the knowledge about the industry. She completed an Associate’s Degree in Advertising and Marketing Communication from the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York. In addition, her studies in fashion allowed her to travel to Paris and London.
She completed an Associate’s Degree in Advertising and Marketing Communication from the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York. In addition, her studies in fashion allowed me to travel to Paris and London. During her undergraduate studies, she directed coordinated scenes and designed fashions for several shows.
Nikki went on to get certified as a cosmetologist and make-up artist. She is a Golden Scissors Award winner for student cosmetology. Eventually, launching her Diva Diva Co. cosmetic line. Her passion is teaching individuals how to love themselves from the inside out. Nikki has mentored and inspired hundreds of youth and adults through teaching and speaking about the business of beauty.
Face Fear and Fly! (The Conference, Series, and Workshops):
Face Any Fear and Live a Life Worth Loving!
Fear creeps into everyone’s lives. It can rear its ugly head in your relationship, career, finances or parenting. Nikki’s Face Fear and Fly series will help you to overcome any fear by:
- Identify your hidden fears
- Develop a plan to move past your fear
- Speak bravely about yourself so you don’t sabotage your most meaningful goals
- Boost your confidence by making small, fun tweaks in your everyday life
- Women’s Empowerment
- Professional Development
- Image Development
Community Outreach (Special conditions apply for non-profits, inquire about unique options to book Nikki for your event).
- Domestic Violence Education and Nikki’s Personal Story
- Youth Development and College Preparatory
- Girl Empowerment (Ages 12-19)
Nikki’s Speaking Credits
- DMV Bike Life (Hostess)
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture ( NIFA) (Presenter)
D.C. Police chief to tackle domestic violence in NFL (News Segment Contributor) http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/dc/dc-police-chief-takes-on-nfl-role/300903473
- “I Am The Elect Lady: How to Embrace God’s Design for Your Life” (Author) Published March
- The Prince George’s County 4-H Youth Development Program (Community Outreach)
- Mocha Moms National Conference. Topic: Education Nation (Speaker/Panelist)
- Forest of the Rain Productions Parent Talk Live Hosted by: Dr. Mike Robinson. Topic: Why Homeschool? (Radio Interview)
- First Baptist Church of Glenarden Homemakers Ministry/Topic: Home Organization (Workshop Speaker)
- The Inspired Homeschooler Workshop (Host/Speaker)
- Workshops for Homeschoolers by Faye Kepner for the DC Examiner
- Godly Homeschool Educating Moms (GHEMS) Curriculum Review Workshop (Workshop Facilitator)
- The African American Homeschool Mom (Author)
- Forestville Military Academy, Topic: College Planning (Workshop Facilitator)